We want all families to be equal
Our families experience many forms of discrimination, and we don’t think that is OK. One of the ways Rainbow Families supports LGBTQ+ parents is to work to remove this discrimination for our community.
Cathy Brown has headed up our advocacy work for the past few years and had decided it is time to hand the reigns over to someone new. We have a position on our Board for a new advocacy lead.
- Working through the recommendations in our two reports into discrimination our families face from government
- Preparing submissions for parliamentary enquiries
- Consulting with our community to establish advocacy goals
- Working with other organisations to remove discrimination for LGBTQ+ families
- Leading our advocacy committee
If you are interested in taking on this advocacy position, please contact us.