Join our team
We are looking for a part time Community Worker to set up and coordinate our Peer Support Program.
About the Peer Support Program
The Rainbow Families Peer Support Program will offer peer to peer support to new LGBTQ+ parents, as well as LGBTQ+ parents new to the Rainbow Families Community. The Project Coordinator will finalise the program details, launch the program and then coordinate the program for six months before evaluating the effectiveness and sustainability of the program. The role has full responsibility for the Peer Support Program including planning, co-ordination, implementation and administration.
About the Role
The Community Worker will Develop, plan and supervise the implementation of the Peer Support Program over the next six months. This includes establishing policies and procedures for the program, recruiting, screening and training volunteers to be involved in the program, supporting volunteers involved in the program and evaluating the program.
This is a Work from Home position with requirements to run meetings and training sessions in community environments.
This is a part time position - .2 full time equivalent and is 6 month contract with the view to extend dependant on funding.
Under the SCHADS award this is a level 5 position - $42.94 per hour.
You will have the flowing skills and experience
- Qualifications in social work, social science, community services, education, nursing, or relevant experience in a similar role.
- Understanding of the needs of new parents, isolated parents, and the benefits of peer to peer support
- Understanding of the needs of LGBTQ+ parents and their children
- Ability to organise self and to work collaboratively with volunteers
- Strong communication skills, and ability to develop respectful, trusting relationship with volunteers, parents and community
- Valid National Criminal Record Check and Current Working with Children Check.
- Connection to the LGBTQ+ community
- Understanding of mental health issues, domestic violence, and child development
- Knowledge of the community service sector and an ability to connect families and volunteers to universal and specialist services as required
- Intermediate understanding of Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
How to apply
Check out the job advertisement and apply here.
Applications close 15th July 2021