It's that time of year again. Our Annual General Meeting is an opportunity for the Rainbow Families Board to share with our members all of the achievements of the year and share our vision for 2022.
All Board positions will be available and open to new members to join the Board.
When - November 18th, 6:30pm
All Board positions will be open at the AGM. If you would like to nominate a member as a candidate for election at the AGM, a nomination form must be completed by the nominated candidate and two members. Board nomination forms need to be completed no later than 5:00pm on Thursday, 11th November 2021. You can complete the Nomination form here.
View the minutes of the last AGM here
The constitution has determined that the members who are entitled to vote are those who have paid full membership. Membership is $20 per year and is available here.
This year we are proposing some changes to our constitution to make it more inclusive and clear.
- Remove all reference to gender to make the constitution inclusive of all members of our community
- Add a definition of an committee member
- An ordinary committee member means a member of the committee who is not an office-bearer of the association. Under the Rainbow Families Inc structure, Board members are committee members and are considered Responsible Person
- Add a definition of a Rainbow Family
- Rainbow Family or LGBTQ+ family means a family where one or more parent or carer identifies as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender or Queer.
The proposed new constitution is available here and will be voted on at the AGM.
Zoom details -
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 836 7999 4042