Rainbow Families is a community managed organisation, providing a network of support to children and families within the NSW LGBTIQ community. We provide a a range of social and educational support for parents and families, playgroups and cultural events, resources for families, and advocy. Would you like to join us?
We are looking for a motivated and committed volunteer who has office/administration skills, or is willing to develop them, and most importantly someone who is passionately committed to helping our community.
Working 3 - 5 hours a week in our Surry Hills office (5 minutes walk from Central) you can choose to be involved in a range of interesting work:
* responding to community enquiries
* events management - coordinating things like parent seminars
* updating web content, compiling newsletter and mail outs to members
* maintaining records and contacts
* writing content for blog
* assisting in grants applications
* liaising with community partners
* membership support
* maintaining database and admin systems
You will be working alongside a part time Community Worker and volunteer accounts manager.
This would suit a person who is wanting to return to work or develop skills, work experience to facilitate long term work, or someone who is skilled and has the time to volunteer.
If you would like to discuss further email us with contact details and we can have a chat, or send us a brief email letting us know why you are interested and your skills.
Applications close: Monday 16 April